Nonprofit Organizations & Internet Video
Not just “a video”, but many videos in small bites as a tool to reach the world.
Imagine if each time you sent out a letter or email updating your community or asking for financial support, you were able to include with it a collection of videos showcasing the work you are doing and the impact your organization is having. And imagine if your organization turned up at the top of searches online for people looking into the issues you work on. Whether your work is local or international, using video to share with the world who you are and what you do is a compelling, creative, and cost effective way to do it.
Beyond producing online video, Pangeality Productions develops a variety of documentary work around the world in connection with different organizations. If your organization has an idea or need that involves filming or video production, we are happy to discuss with you what it would take to make happen. We have worked in Mexico, India, China, Japan, Turkey, Nigeria, Nepal, Syria and Cambodia.
What we can produce for organizations:
- Content that can be used on your own website
- Content that can be used in newsletters, blogs, Facebook, YouTube, and the other social networking sites you already participate in
- Content for fundraising events, outreach, and education
- Content that inspires and encourages existing staff, program participants, and those wishing to learn from your success in understanding their place in a larger global struggle
- Once content is scattered around the web, interested funders searching for terms like women’s empowerment, rural media access, poverty, development, youth, specific cities or countries, etc. are likely to find your videos in places other than your own site that link and therefor lead viewers back to you.
- Those links come both from within the videos themselves as well as the titles, descriptions, and tags associated with each video. This indexing boosts what is known as your ‘findability’
- General education and instruction on maximizing exposure on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and similar video sharing websites, and introduction to the use of video as a Search Engine Optimization tool
- Production of one general video piece with overall highlights, combining the best sound bites from each piece of the puzzle to showcase the larger story in 2-6 minutes
- A wide collection of shorter pieces or clips which stand alone on their specific topics or as sections from a longer interview. These would be the next tier of talking points that don’t make it to the umbrella piece, but are presented more from within their original context.
- These pieces might be excerpts from interviews with program participants, community leaders, political leaders, in-country supporters, or funders. A demonstration your projects in ation, who they reach, and why they are effective.
- Visually showing with maps, the extent of the geographical reach with the physical location of projects
- Delivery of all media both compressed for the web, and in a higher resolution format for broadcast, or presentation at live events.
Recognizing that many nonprofit organizations operate on fixed budgets with limited financial resources, we strive to educate our clients about how video helps organizations with limited budgets to really stretch and get the most out of their marketing and outreach dollars.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and findability More detailed page here
Using video as a tool to increase the ways you are found by the world is effective because search engines value video as relevant ‘content’. One’s ‘findability’ on search engines is largely based on who and how many people are linking to their website. So while a google search for ‘south asian youth media’ may not lead to your website, it very well may lead to your video on youtube, which when packaged appropriately, described, tagged, and linked well, will show up much higher on those search terms. These will lead viewers back to your website, simultaneously lifting the profile of your own website with the existence of those links.