SEO & Social Media
Understanding Web Video and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO means maximizing the likelihood that people searching for the terms associated with your business, will be directed toward you. Incorporating video into your site is one of the smartest ways to do this.
- Search engines place higher value on websites that have video content
- Video on your website helps search engines to prioritize your website in overall search results
- Extensive titles, tags, descriptions, and data associated with your video enhances this process
- Icons for videos in search results draw responses at a much higher rate than the text only hits
- Being savvy about how you label and present your content has a huge impact on your ability to be found on the 3 main search engines Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
With Pangeality Productions unique approach to online video producing many short videos, the effect of how search engines give greater weight to video, and creating bite size shorts for your customers to learn about specific elements of your business. To learn more about this, go to our How Our Approach Is Different page.
Leveraging Social Media By Using Video
Social Media = ‘a fusion of sociology and technology’
Transforming monologue (one to many) into dialogue (many to many)
One of the most important elements of the current web environment is the rapidly expanding power of social media, both as a tool for search engine optimization, and allowing your audience to interact with your brand in a way that draws them in as customers, and encourages them to become involved in promoting it. Dynamic business websites are incorporating video into their presence on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as well as on their blog and in their newsletters.
Social media networks are no longer for individuals only. Businesses use these same networks to reach the world, and video only increases that impact. These networks enable you to speak directly to your audience, and incorporating your videos into social media enables your audience to speak to your audience about you and share it with others, in essence multiplying the power of your outreach.
How does that work?
When a customer of yours signs on as a fan or friend, joins your network, or makes a comment about your business, their friends see that action on their page and go to your page to learn more about what the people in their life are interested about and engaged in.
Establishing a presence in these networks
- points search engines toward a variety of places that you can be found
- and gives your website greater weight because of an increase in the number of links pointing back to it
Additional applications for using video as a business tool include statistics on:
- how often your videos are being watched
- the demographics of your audience
- how users found your videos
- what peaked their interest
- and even what country they watched it in
Making smart videos that connect people to your business is what we do.
Here’s a link to a great article about the power of using video as an SEO tool